21 APRIL 2024
2PM - 4.30/5PM
SURYA LUNA NATURALS HQ, 23 HIGH STREET, KILBIRNIE, NORTH AYRSHIRE, KA25 7EX
Fancy learning a great, practical new skill?
Learn to make natural, artisan soap with Surya Luna Naturals.
Enjoy a fun, friendly and welcoming half day of cold process soap making.
This soap making workshop is being held at Surya Luna Naturals HQ in North Ayrshire
You will learn:
- the science behind soap and how to use it
- information about the different butters and oils you will be using and how they affect your finished soap
- how to use lye safely and what equipment you need
- an insight into using essential oils in your soaps and advice about how to create your own blends
- an introduction to using natural ingredients such as clays to colour your soap
You will watch a demo of how to make your cold process soap and then go on to make your own batch of palm oil free soap using a selection of essential oils and clays/botanicals of your choice.
I will be on hand throughout out to offer advice and guidance.
You will take home:
- 4 mini laoves of soap (approximately 450g)
- a starter recipe
- comprehensive workbook covering everything you need to get you started making cold process soap
The workshop lasts approximately 2.5/3 hours.
All ingredients and equipment will be provided.
- a box or other suitable container to take your mini soap loaves home in.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the health and safety aspects involved in the making of cold process soap, these workshops are open to over 18 year olds only.
Once you have booked your workshop, we will email you a workshop voucher which you should show on the day of your workshop.
Introduction to Soap Making Workshop - 210424
For your health and safety during our workshops:
Please bring an apron to protect your clothes during the workshop.
Please wear clothes with long sleeves, full length trousers or skirt and footwear that covers your entire foot (no open toed sandals).
Safety goggles and gloves will be provided.
This course is open to over 18s only.
We require a minimum of 4 people to be able to run this workshop. If we do not have sufficient bookings 14 days before the workshop is due to run we reserve the right to cancel. If we have to cancel due to insufficient numbers we will notify you and refund your payment in full.
A full refund is available if you need to cancel up to 3 weeks before your chosen date, just let us know and we will do the rest.
A 50% refund will be given between 3 weeks and 72 hours before your chosen date and if we can fill your position then the remaining 50% will be refunded.
We will do our very best to fill the gap but of course there are no guarantees.
Any cancellation within 72 hours will incur the full cost as we will have no option but to run the workshop even if numbers fall below minimum.
In the event that you cancel within 3 weeks and incur a payment we will ensure you continue to receive a copy of the comprehensive workshop notes.